LEGENDS > Engine Care & Tuning

1250 Motor Mount Issue

<< < (2/2)

RPM:
Support the engine with a floor jack. Remove the bolts and the mount. Have a look down the hole to see if you can see any other cracks inside the bolt hole in the threaded area.

I have never come across an engine with both sides broken like that. There is no pressurized oil there, but there is a ton of oil sling from the rotating transmission.

Without slitting the cases, the only possible way I can see of trying to stop the oil is to try silicone. But that could be problematic if the case is cracked internally and the silicone hydraulics when installing the bolts.

You can remove the bottom half of the case without disassembling the complete engine. You would be able to get the crack(s) welded then and that will resolve the leak completely. If you do pull the bottom end off, you'll need a couple of gaskets and o-rings.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Randy - RPM

Young Moses:
Thank you very much Randy for the insight! I will see what I find and get back to you. It's definitely split bad I just have to pinpoint the exact area the oil is coming from.
Thanks,
Josh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version