LEGENDS > Engine Care & Tuning

1250 Motor Mount Issue

(1/2) > >>

Young Moses:
Hello,
I am fairly new to legend cars world and one of my cars had this issue on the driveshaft side of a 1250 engine the mounts are split and leaking oil when the engine is running (shown in video). My question is the following how could/should this be repaired? Furthermore how much would this cost?
Thank you,
Josh

Young Moses:
https://youtube.com/shorts/vH3EHh_bZlY?si=Ll002nlylL_1WyTN

This is the link to the video of the motor leaking. (File too large to upload on post).

justfreaky:
Hi Josh,
 Took me a bit to sort out your pic, but the video is much clearer. Not sure why you have that piece of pipe on there (the split one). It needs to be replaced with the proper mounting parts.
Your leak is likely coming from that long crack around the block that has been JB Welded. Block up you engine and pull that motor mount off. I am sure you will see where it's leaking.

Steve

Young Moses:
Hey steve,
Thanks for the response. The oil is coming out of the vertical crack that the bolt is running into to hold the engine. Also that isn't JB weld it's the seam in the case where it splits open it seems to be the gasket you can see.

Josh

justfreaky:
Okay, understand a bit better know. I am going to guess that your case is cracked there. No good way to repair it.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version