Author Topic: Bandolero Setup  (Read 30607 times)

Offline fastmantom

Re: Bandolero Setup
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2008, 08:46:05 pm »
That's cool, just remember, you don't generally win races by showing up with a "good baseline".  It's just a starting point.  You have to make the right chassis decisions once you get to the track.  This is the art of the crew chief :).

Take notes, take notes, take notes. If you aren't sure if it's important, write it down.  Write down driver complaints and the adjustments you made to correct them, write down how well your choice fixed the problem.  Write down weather.  Track Temps, Tire Temps.  Tire pressures before and after each run.  May seem like a pain at first, but it sure is nice to look back in a notebook a few pages and be able to use past info to make a more informed decision.

Ask lots and lots of questions! :)
I don't know if I can make the car win, but I think I can make it run fast enough to where people think we're cheating.

If they ask if we're cheating, smile and answer,"Yes".  They won't believe you if you say,"No".

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 03:31:01 am »
Tom Q.,
 Your info is a Great Place to start!
The problem has been that there is not too many people willing to share info.
I think that IF they would; All would benefit.
                     ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline fastmantom

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 04:03:54 am »
I really like sharing info.  It actually can make the crew chief job a bit more challenging.  When you get beat by someone who you know uses the same baseline as you, it makes you go back and figure out what you missed! 
I don't know if I can make the car win, but I think I can make it run fast enough to where people think we're cheating.

If they ask if we're cheating, smile and answer,"Yes".  They won't believe you if you say,"No".

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 04:51:58 am »
Straight Up!!!

I like the way you think!

I don't even have a Bando Car.

Guess you don't have to worry about me!

;)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 06:04:46 am »
Why do you think nobody wants to talk about Bando Cars?

I mean; Besides lack of understanding.....  Why wouldn't people want to get all they can out of their cars?  Help their children do the best that they can do.; And promote a sense of Companionship and Friendship?
 I got more help back in the '80's running my modified, than I see help for the Bando cars. Had they had some class like this for my kids back then.............  I got one of my biggest breaks from the parents of a 16 year old girl. Don't get me wrong; She was a Damn Good Driver! Came up through the kart ranks; Top 3 in State. They didn't have to help me; But chose to give me a rocker arm stud (which I broke. Didn't have a spare. And could have paid for.) I finished 4th - Thanks To Their Help. I'll NEVER Foget Them!!!!

Steve

Offline fastmantom

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 12:07:05 pm »
A lot of times bandos are an entrance into the motor racing world for parents as well as kids.  Any person who gets into racing for the first time automatically believes they get beat by motor.  It is so hard to convince beginners that there is more to racing than just the engine :).  A person has to make that jump from race fan mentality to racer mentality before they start looking for ways to help the car.

speedyracing11

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 10:02:18 pm »
I seen a web site with a setup for sale.www.lapierracing. com

anything