Author Topic: It's off season for a lot of us  (Read 5283 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
It's off season for a lot of us
« on: November 01, 2022, 11:13:57 pm »
Let's take this opportunity to chat and see what everyone is doing during this down time.
On a personal thing, I am hoping spring comes early and I can get my car finished for next year. Weather is cold and windy here in Montana. But I have been staying in touch with old friends, researching for people and doing my best to just get through the down time.

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: It's off season for a lot of us
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 07:35:16 pm »
Santa was good to me, brake pedal, rear end gear and new motor mounts. I still have to go pick up an engine and wiring harness in Billings, MT. A long trip but will be good to see some of my racing buddies and do some bench racing (read that as swap lies). LOL! Still waiting for winter to be over so I can get back to work on the car. But the car is sitting on its wheels and awaiting the new engine and parts. Once it gets warm, I hope to get back to work on the body. Still a few repairs to do before fresh paint.

I didn't get much done in 2022 as I was doing a lot of promoting. We made our debut at Big Sky Speedway. A first for Legends Cars on dirt here in Montana! Also, an exhibition Race in Idaho Falls. We had a pretty good turn out and must have made a good impression as we have some awesome race dates for next season at Big Sky Speedway. I am still waiting for a date(s) at Electric City Speedway in Great Falls, MT and awaiting word from Idaho Falls as well. I am not really a promoter, but it was a good excuse to meet some new friends and for us to introduce race fans to the Legends Cars.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 01:34:53 pm »
Engine and wiring harness in hand. It came with red coils and an oil cooler, so that was a little bonus. Got myself a red box for ignition system. Now to score a cheap set of carbs and rebuild them.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023, 02:17:22 pm »
Am I the only one working on their car over the offseason?
While I am not getting much physical work done, at least I am getting the needed parts together to finish my rebuild.
Come on Spring!!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 01:39:23 am »
I saw this posted on another page. Think about it. It makes total sense.
"For all the crying about being too busy, somehow it?s more manageable now that I have a variety of parts to build. It?s kind of like carrying a plumb full bucket of water, where it?s easier if you can carry two buckets with one in each hand. Not sure it makes me twice as efficient, but it?s making me feel twice as effective."                 
Don't stop your build just because you need, or are waiting for, one part. Keep being productive and keep your project moving forward.

anything