Author Topic: Bando Engines  (Read 4835 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Bando Engines
« on: June 28, 2022, 02:12:58 pm »
While I am well aware that Bando cars are also a spec class; Why do they not have an open engine program? I see so many posts on the Facebook pages about costs of an engine, or how much to be rebuilt. On a budget, want to buy a chassis and will build my own car. In theory, this sounds great! In reality, this will cost you 4 times the cost of buying a roller or a running car!!! Also, your chances of finishing the project are pretty slim. Most people run out of money or don't have as much time as they thought.

For the Bando folks, I posted recently in the General Section in Legends Cars for people wanting to get into the sport. I have read so many posts about people wanting to get into racing! I think this is awesome!!! Don't let the size of Bandolero or Legends Cars fool you in to thinking they are cheap! These are "Spec" race cars and come at an expense of money and time. Some people don't factor in the cost of the proper equipment to haul them, or the cost of the equipment needed for safety gear.

Yes, you can buy used parts. But you need to know what you are buying. Same with racing gear. You can purchase an outdated helmet or seat belts for dirt cheap! That won't help you when you finally get to your first race!!! You will not be allowed to race because you will not be able to be able to meet the minimum safety rules.

Read the rulebook and see if this is the sport, or class, for you or your driver. Budget what you can afford to spend. And last but not least; How much time do you truly have to spend?

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything