Author Topic: Lining up right side contact patch  (Read 7697 times)

Offline Joshuahopkins90

Lining up right side contact patch
« on: August 10, 2021, 09:13:59 pm »
Brand new to legends and racing in general. I?ve been reading and learning a lot here on legendsracer. My question is about lining up the 2 right side contact patches. Are those who are doing this lining it up by adjusting the ball joints and heims on the lower and upper control arms or leading the rearend to the right? My car is offset to the right like most I?ve seen and has a 12? tie rod on the right, 11? on the left. LF lower control arm is 15.5? and RF is 16.5?. Offset is even more when you add in camber. From my understanding the rear should be kept square and centered with 6? between the frame and backing plate on LR. Seems like the only way to accomplish lining up the right side would be to do it with the heims and ball joints and use an 11? tie rod on the right also. Am I missing something here or is this how others are accomplishing this? Thanks in advance.

Josh

Josh

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Lining up right side contact patch
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 11:44:28 pm »
Joshua,

Set up is really dependent upon your your driving ability and comfortability in the car. As you are new to the Legends series, you may want to start out with the car as neutral as you can. Doesn't look like you have a baseline set up. Not sure where you race; But there are differences from track to track. Caster, camber and toe (in that order) are a key to proper alignment. Ball joints are a set deal. The adjustments are basically made with the heims.
I sent you a message. Message me back and we can try ti figure out where you are at to start.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything