Author Topic: LOOKING FOR RACERS!  (Read 4821 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
LOOKING FOR RACERS!
« on: February 10, 2022, 04:17:16 pm »
Looking for racers within reasonable distance of Billings, Montana for a possible Legends Car race. We are in negotiations with Big Sky Speedway, in Shepard, MT. 15 miles outside of Billings, MT. (About 20 minutes). It is a 1/3rd mile dirt track with decent banking. We need at least 12 cars for a show. Negotiations are taking place as to purse and date(s). Food and lodging within a reasonable distance from the track. Message me if you would be interested.

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: LOOKING FOR RACERS!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 12:40:41 pm »
LOOKING FOR RACERS (part 2)
We have dates available for the races at Big Sky Speedway in Sheppard, Montana for 6/24-25, 7/15-16 and 8/19-20. Looking for Legends and Dwarf Car racers willing to commit. These are Friday and Saturday races. We need at least 12 cars from each class to commit. We don?t have control over the dates. This is what we?ve been offered and have to work with. Legends and Dwarfs will run separate classes Payout will be determined by car count and whatever monies we can raise from sponsors. We are currently working on sponsors. Big Sky Speedway asks that you register with them in advance. There is no cost for this, but registration does not open until March 10th.
PLEASE DO CONTACT ME, so that I can get some kind of car count as well. Pit Entry is $30 for car and driver. They do ask that we use Receivers and Mylaps (AMB X2) transponders. They don?t have any to rent. This is going to be the first time Big Sky Speedway has had legends or dwarf cars at their track.
 Big Sky Speedway is a 3/8th mile dirt track, with descent banking, located minutes from Billings, Montana. They are partnered with  Boothill Inn & Suites 242 East Airport Road Billings, MT 59105 Phone: 1-866-BOOTHIL (266-8445) Local Phone Number: (406) 245-2000 call or text Fax Number: (406) 245-8591 Email: generalmanager@boothillinn.com  Be sure to ask them about the racers discount.
There are many hotels and motels in the area. Big Sky Speedway has camping available as well. Please contact the speedway for information. Restaurants, gas, shopping, whatever your pleasure is located  within minutes of the track.
Stuart  McKechnie is offering his shop at Magic City Customworx (Billings) for racers to do repairs as well. He does not have parts, tires or anything else. He is willing to open his shop to anyone needing space to work on their cars. Stuart is a newcomer to Legends Cars and has a huge heart and spirit for the sport!
Contact info on Big Sky Speedway can be found at: Big Sky Speedway or on their Facebook page
I can be contacted via my Facebook page: Justfreaky Steve
Email: justfreaky@outlook.com
Phone: (406) 836-0218
I will give you any information that I can. I will post any updates as they become available to us.
Stuart McKechnie: Magic City Customworx
 (406) 969-1605 (shop#)
 (406) 860-384-2520  (cell#)
Hope to see and meet everyone.
Steven Lane

Offline mafiaboss

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 03:44:05 pm »
fingers crossed we get more races for 2023

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 02:03:02 pm »
I think after last weekend, we will be seeing a lot more of the Legends cars at Big Sky Speedway. I know they are offering us 6 race dates for next year. We just have to see where they put us on the schedule.

Steve

anything