Author Topic: Need to reduce Exhaust Volume - Ideas?  (Read 10350 times)

Offline barboni

Need to reduce Exhaust Volume - Ideas?
« on: March 23, 2021, 04:59:14 pm »
Hello folks. We are going to be running our Legend at our local road track in Mission, BC, Canada. The requirement is that the car produces less than 96 decibels exhaust noise passing the start finish line on the straightaway. A friend of ours ran his exhaust all the way out the back of the car and added an additional muffler to meet the requirement. We are not adverse to doing this but he couldn't recall what muffler he utilized. My apologies but I was unable to attach photos.
Do any of you know how we might be able to meet this requirement? I'm hoping someone has some experience in this and can provide me a muffler brand and model as well as an exhaust configuration that might work. Please help.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Need to reduce Exhaust Volume - Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:44:23 pm »
I know a lot of the European cars run exhaust out the back. Not sure what they use for a muffler. You might check some of the Facebook pages and ask what they are using.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:37:19 pm »
Bliss Racing had a suitcase muffler that mounted under the left running board.

See this post for their info: http://legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=4322.0

Randy - RPM

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 12:39:48 pm »
This also reminds me. I bought out the Nevada Legends dealer years ago and in that inventory was a full length muffler system to meet their local track noise ordinance. Let me see if I can find those parts. It was full length and used a supertrapp muffler.

It seems like there were 5-6 complete systems.

It will be a week or two before I can get to my other shop to search.

Randy - RPM

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 05:58:36 pm »
Awesome! Thank You Randy!!!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline barboni

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 01:09:52 am »
Sorry for the very late reply but with COVID we weren't able to do much racing. I wanted to follow up with everyone to let them know how we solved our exhaust volume concern. We had a local shop build a pipe that attached straight to our factory Legend exhaust. We ran the pipe right down the left side of the car and "through" the nerf bars (we had the welder add a box in the lower bar for the pipe to pass through). We then added a standard motorcycle muffler at the end of the LR frame rail and added a spud to strap it to. Worked like a charm and sounded good too! Email me if you want pics (kingcapilano@gmail.com) Thanks folks!