Author Topic: 1250 Motor Mount Issue  (Read 11353 times)

Offline Young Moses

1250 Motor Mount Issue
« on: October 26, 2023, 05:52:45 pm »
Hello,
I am fairly new to legend cars world and one of my cars had this issue on the driveshaft side of a 1250 engine the mounts are split and leaking oil when the engine is running (shown in video). My question is the following how could/should this be repaired? Furthermore how much would this cost?
Thank you,
Josh

Offline Young Moses

Re: 1250 Motor Mount Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 06:04:05 pm »
https://youtube.com/shorts/vH3EHh_bZlY?si=Ll002nlylL_1WyTN

This is the link to the video of the motor leaking. (File too large to upload on post).

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 02:41:28 am »
Hi Josh,
 Took me a bit to sort out your pic, but the video is much clearer. Not sure why you have that piece of pipe on there (the split one). It needs to be replaced with the proper mounting parts.
Your leak is likely coming from that long crack around the block that has been JB Welded. Block up you engine and pull that motor mount off. I am sure you will see where it's leaking.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Young Moses

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 04:59:37 pm »
Hey steve,
Thanks for the response. The oil is coming out of the vertical crack that the bolt is running into to hold the engine. Also that isn't JB weld it's the seam in the case where it splits open it seems to be the gasket you can see.

Josh

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2023, 07:18:37 pm »
Okay, understand a bit better know. I am going to guess that your case is cracked there. No good way to repair it.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 09:48:55 am »
Support the engine with a floor jack. Remove the bolts and the mount. Have a look down the hole to see if you can see any other cracks inside the bolt hole in the threaded area.

I have never come across an engine with both sides broken like that. There is no pressurized oil there, but there is a ton of oil sling from the rotating transmission.

Without slitting the cases, the only possible way I can see of trying to stop the oil is to try silicone. But that could be problematic if the case is cracked internally and the silicone hydraulics when installing the bolts.

You can remove the bottom half of the case without disassembling the complete engine. You would be able to get the crack(s) welded then and that will resolve the leak completely. If you do pull the bottom end off, you'll need a couple of gaskets and o-rings.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Randy - RPM

Offline Young Moses

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2023, 05:20:46 pm »
Thank you very much Randy for the insight! I will see what I find and get back to you. It's definitely split bad I just have to pinpoint the exact area the oil is coming from.
Thanks,
Josh