LEGENDS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Driveshaft Clearance Concerns

<< < (2/2)

jhendri542:
So I did some investigation with this.  For my engine, there is a bolt that connects directly to the frame on the engine on the right side.  Most other Legend cars have two holes in the frame where the mount bolts up to. Oddly enough, all of the right side mount pictures I saw, they use a substantially smaller bolt than what comes in the kit.  It looks like they use a small Allen head with a big washer to take up the bolt hole space.  I don't know about you, but I rather have the correct size bolt in there!

I think I am going to put back on the original 13s to see if clearance gets better.  Then I will try adjusting the collars on the shocks.  I am thinking about getting that mount, it is not that expensive even brand new.  Also there is a few people who bought former shops getting rid of parts.

jhendri542:
I did some further investigation and found out that my set-up is rather rare, but some people have it.  Brand new cars do not even have this tab anymore for this type of mounting.  Apparently, if you get into a wreck, it will tear off the engine boss.  Supposedly over time, it can tear your engine boss too.  Even if it takes the engine boss, you can just use the optional engine mount.  I guess I will plan to get the optional engine mount in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version