Author Topic: Newbie Needs Help With Brake Conversion  (Read 6485 times)

Offline Jase

Newbie Needs Help With Brake Conversion
« on: July 28, 2020, 01:48:00 pm »
Hello all, I'm new to legends cars and I have a car that is setup for the Toyota calipers but I don't have any. I know there has been a conversion to Wilwood but I have no idea where to start. Is there a direct bolt on replacement that will fit the old spindles or do I have to replace everything?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie Needs Help With Brake Conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:37 pm »
The Wilwood brake kit costs about $370.00 and includes everything you need to convert. You can buy the stock Toyota calipers at most auto parts stores.
You might want to contact Jim @ VMS Motorsports or Gerad @ Go Motorsports.

Welcome to the LegendRacer family.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Jase

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 01:24:11 pm »
Appreciate the info. I left Jim a message from his site and he called me right up and got me taken care of. IM sure most of the dealers on here are good to deal with but I can tell you that Jim was great. Parts going out today.

Just FYI for anyone else on this quest who finds this thread - The right side Toyota caliper is pretty much impossible to find. After hours on the web and on the phone I found a few left side calipers but I came up with ZERO on the right side.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 07:14:46 pm »
Jase,

I have parts coming from Jim as well. Hope to have my car on the ground Monday. I know Jim will come through. Always has!
I'm in Montana; Takes 3 days to get here. Not sure where you are located. I promise that he will treat you right.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.