Author Topic: Seat Measurement  (Read 3544 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Seat Measurement
« on: April 19, 2020, 10:14:06 pm »
I have seen this posted on several pages the last few weeks; "I am xxx number of pounds and xx tall; What size seat do I need?" Just because you may be similar in height and weight does not mean that whatever size seat "Joe" is using is going to fit you properly. When I first started racing, I used the seat that came with the car. We were approximately the same height and weight... I found myself sliding around in the seat. I stuck some padding around the seat and that did help. IT IS NOT A PROPERLY FITTING SEAT!!! AND IS NOT SAFE!!! Safety first people!!!!!!!! Properly measure yourself to find the seat that fits you best. Here is a link to ButlerBuilt to help you figure out what seat fits you best: https://www.butlerbuilt.net/Content/Images/uploaded/how-to-pdfs/seat_measurement_procedure_new_02.pdf. Also; Be sure your head is a few inches below the roof bars with your helmet on. That should help you determine the amount of layback that you may need. Pick your seat manufacturer of choice and look at their recommendations. Don't be afraid to ask them questions! Let them know what class you are racing and your measurements. These guys deal with this stuff everyday. They will give you their best estimate as to what you need. I have said it before, and will say again; DON'T SKIMP ON SAFETY!!! Seats and properly fitting belts are a big deal!!! The only time you will find out is after it's to late.

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.