Author Topic: TIRES  (Read 11206 times)

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: TIRES
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 11:40:00 pm »
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline wolfpack1992

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 08:40:03 am »
Yep I will run the feds for a little then will buy a set of the Hoosiers

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 02:22:26 pm »
Have been reading a few angry responses from people that were hoping to mix and match tires until the tires are mandatory for next season. I guess I can understand the dirt guys, as the ARs are apparently bias ply as well. I do think that the Hoosiers are going to be a good choice. I am also seeing that some tracks are planning to start out their season with the Hoosiers.

Steve

Offline wolfpack1992

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 04:25:28 pm »
you have to use the tires as a set cant mix and match

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 12:23:02 am »
Gotta love Mike; He tells it like it is, and separates the truth from the myths. I know most of us are all speculating on the new tires. Borrowed this from another site:                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Mike Gwaltney: Ok so here's the deal so we can quit with all the nonsense.
Pavement tires had NO markings.
Dirt tires came hot marked but not sure they will next time. They were asked not to have any marks but these did. I know. , I got them.
I got 5 pallets of pavement tires. I grabbed 6 off each pallet.
Tires measured 70 1/2. 70 3/4 and a occasional 71 with no air around the outside edge.
Mounted ..add 1 inch to that measurement and u will be close .
Staggar in my sets were 9/16 to 11/16. Without stretching. You wont get 1 1/2. Staggar out of these tires. And yes dealers do have them in their possession and will start to distribute when we are told to do so. Some areas that start racing early...like us...got them first and will distribute for races starting this month. There...that's the story. So everyone can stop all the what ifs and all the other untruths.

Offline wolfpack1992

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 09:06:26 am »
well there you go