LEGENDS > Engine Care & Tuning

Engine Issues

<< < (2/3) > >>

justfreaky:
I am telling you that you don't know what cold is! Us folks up north are freezing our asses off!!! Below zero temps, snow and just downright miserable.

Are you trying to gas it before you start it up? Kind of like we used to do on the old bikes? That could be an issue. I would still check out all I have already said. Sometimes what seem like little things get overlooked. You don't have to be an electrician to check connections. Just check to see that all the connectors are pushed all the way in and bolts and nuts are tight. Make sure the battery has a full charge. Have I not stressed this enough? MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS AT FULL CHARGE. I am not trying to seem angry with you; 99% of the time, it is these simple things that cause these issues.

Worse comes to worse; Spray some quick start in the carbs. If it fires and runs until it evaporates, it is a fuel system issue.

Steve

wolfpack1992:
Yeah charged it yesterday morning to a full charge at 2 tried it again and same thing occurred not cranking.  The one thing he did was the line from the fuel tank was rubber and it was deteriorating and he found it in the carbs but he changed it and cleaned them out. But it started there. So that's why I'm just confused. I took the plugs out yesterday and I could smell gas on them for sure

wolfpack1992:
It was fouled plugs

justfreaky:
Glad you got it started. Thanks for the update and the heads up to check the plugs!

Steve

wolfpack1992:
On cold days what is the best way to start these things. For some reason I keep flooding it. It started but sounded like it was running way under power

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version