Author Topic: Chassis alignment  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Old Guy

Chassis alignment
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:50:55 am »
New to this guys so a bit of help would be nice. Recently purchased coupe car in need of a bit of TLC. Have began to strip to bare chassis for new colour scheme and somethings don't quite look right, does any one here know where i could get chassis measurements to check squareness of front clip and rear of chassis. I have searched internet and found nothing, any help would be appreciated. I'm located in Australia .

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Chassis alignment
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 07:48:18 pm »
First check diagonal measurements (Left rear corner to Right front corner and Right rear corner to Left front corner). They should be relatively close. There are some other measurements in the rule book starting on page 101. If you have someone that has a chassis jig, get them to put it on there and check everything for you. Might cost you a little bit; But might also be worth your time and money. Have you contacted Adam Fisher or some of our other Aussie friends?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Old Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 08:13:43 pm »
 justfreaky, am in process of doing what u suggest. just seems too narrow in engine bay as rhr of motor has about 1mm of room from rail. (original yamaha  mounting point)

Offline Old Guy

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 10:25:16 pm »
Okay things not working out like supposed to. Can some share a pic of there engine mounted in car in relation to the clearence from chassis on  gear box side of car please.