Author Topic: Camber in Rear End  (Read 7277 times)

Offline th3bik3man

Camber in Rear End
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:56:25 pm »
Hi All,

I was curious if any of you are familiar with running camber on the rear end. Just looking at other series, there is a max camber rule for the rear end and everybody is right up against it. Given there is no such rule for us, I would think you would want to run at least some amount of camber in the rear.

What are you all's thoughts on this?

Thanks

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Camber in Rear End
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 06:09:33 pm »
Kind of depends on what type of track(s) you are running and under what sanctioning body. I am  running under SCCA rules so get a bit of leeway as to INEX rules. Most people that I know tend to run the rear end square to the chassis. As I have both left and right turns, that is my choice as well. Rear end camber is normally used for seasoned drivers at a particular track. I think tire stagger is more new to the set up as opposed to the old tires. With not much of a season to try out the Hoosiers, I think that is where the gains (or advantage) will come from. I could be wrong! Then, throw in the FZ09 engine and gearing. I think if we all ever get a full season to test and tune everything, the racing may get very close. I watched some friends this past season run the FZ engine for the first time out. They must have had things pretty much right on... They were extremely fast! Without a full season to test all the theories, I think it is going to be who can deal with their set up the best.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline th3bik3man

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 01:26:34 pm »
Steve,

I race circle tracks and this was my first time ever racing a legend car. Luckily I didn't have any preconceived notions about the old tires before the Hoosiers! I agree with you that stagger is very important for us. We played around with it all year and finally hit our stride with a few races to go. Hoping to try out these things like cambered rear tires during testing this offseason.

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:37:46 am »
If you are running Inex rules, note that you are not allowed more than 1/32 of tread depth difference on your tires from inside to outside, so camber cutting is not really possible like it used to be with the old federal tires.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

anything