Author Topic: How You Doing 2019?  (Read 5644 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing 2019?
« on: February 11, 2019, 08:49:50 pm »
So, I know I am late opening this topic for this year. Nobody posted last year, and this cold snap has slowed some of the progress on car builds. Seriously; Tell us how your car builds or season is going!!! Yes; There are a few people actually racing this time of year! lol!

Me I picked up a chassis and body from Craig G. in Idaho the end of last year. I'm waiting on this cold snap to break so I can get to the building part of things moving. At this point, it is sitting on stands in the garage. (Unfortunately, unheated!) Hope to have all together for this season. Still going to run SCCA autocross. Plan has not changed in that respect.

Wishing everyone a great 2019 season!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing 2019?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:30:43 pm »
God, Please make this cold and snow go away.
Amen

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 01:42:13 am »
Jim Bucher (VMS Motorsports) IS "THE BEST"!!!!!! Got my lower A-arms today! Guess what I am doing tomorrow?!!!!
THANK YOU Jim and VMS Motorsports!!!!!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 10:15:43 pm »
So nobody wants to talk about how their season is going so far? REALLY?!!! I DO keep track of as many members as I can. You all have to help me out a bit here. I don't care if you finish 1st or last! Not everyone is going to win. Let us all know where you are at during your racing season. Many on here that will be more than happy to help with whatever you need help with. Keep us updated.
Thanks,

Steve

Offline 94fordracer

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:01 am »
First full year, been rough to say the least.
Added second car for my 14 year old Nephew and Daughter, that that has been a bright and exciting spot.
Loaned out my first car for one night to a great driver, he experienced some troubles with his in the heat race, I struggled all year with car, he got in it started last and drove to the front, guess I know what the problem is. 
Added a new chassis and a FZ09 to the mix of things, struggled with some complications right off the bat.
In a nut shell, lost 3 engines, and totaled one car, so back to one car.
Again brite side was getting to race with nephew and daughter.  We have a lot to learn but in it for the long haul. Met so many new great people and made many new friends, all worth it! 
94fordracer

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 10:54:52 am »
Congratulations on finishing your first full year!
First year is always a little rough... So much to learn! Sorting out a new chassis is always a challenge; As I am sure the FZ09 was as well.
Not sure what your engine issues were that caused their demise; I am hopeful that you have a good engine package to start with next year.
Now starts the rebuild season. lol! Time to check over the chassis and every bearing, nut, bolt, wire, etc... to give you a great start to next season.
Thank You for sharing your experiences.
Best of luck in 2020!

Steve