LEGENDS > Setup and Handling

Torque

(1/2) > >>

Coastal:
Hey guys, a quick question that you may be able to help me with, I will be installing 4 new micro blue wheel bearings very soon and was wonder what the final torque on the nut should be, some guys say tighten them until you feel resistance, then back off an 1/8 of a turn, other guys say that the metal in the bearings/spindle will expand during the race, so start off with the bearings feeling "lose", I'm sure its a driver preference, but is there a general torque number that people use during assembly?, all input is appreciated, thanks, Shawn.

justaoke:
Before you put these in, invest in the bearing spacers. You will be glad you did! :) Once those are set with the bearings it is just tighten down as you have set the clearance. So much easier to do maintenance and the benefit of less friction!!

justfreaky:
I use the tighten until you feel resistance and back off an 1/8th of a turn method.

Steve

Coastal:
Thanks guys, I will look into the bearing spacers

justfreaky:
I haven't tried the bearing spacers; But a lot of folks are using them. The whole idea behind the bearing spacers and the micro coatings are to reduce drag. Less drag = more speed.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version