Author Topic: Big guy small car  (Read 4555 times)

Offline Dragginyota

Big guy small car
« on: March 05, 2019, 04:47:44 pm »
Curious how realistic it is for a 6’2” 265lbs guy to fit comfortably in one of these cars. Currently have racing experience in asphalt and dirt stock cars where it’s not problem mounting my 18” wide seat. Any other large and tall guys running these cars?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Big guy small car
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:45:34 pm »
Welcome to the LegendsRacer family!

There are plenty of guys your size, or larger, racing these little cars. "Comfortable" is a relative term. LOL!!! You CAN and WILL fit! There are some tips and tricks in some of the old threads as to how best to make it work for you. Look through the old threads or do a search. If you need help, message me and I will find the threads for you.

Regards,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline jason117

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 05:59:36 am »
Big guy into this small car, no problem. I'm 360lbs (yes, really) and 6'2 and race asphalt road course in a chev coupe and fit OK.  I use an 18" seat and it fits fine, the juggling act is legroom versus headroom, I cannot have both. 

Offline Legends16

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 12:35:23 pm »
I'm 6ft 2 about 220. My seat is about a 16" seat. I relatively comfortable, could use some more legroom.

My recommendation is to try and get a "big boy" chassis as they are roomier lengthwise than the older standard chassis. All of the new cars coming out of USLC are big boy chassis. Seat selection will also be key. I run a custom Lajoie seat in my car. Its big and bulky, and takes up the interior width of the car. I've seen heavier/wider guys in them though. Also be careful on the degree of seat you get. A rule of thumb, the lesser the degree of seat the more legroom and less headroom and vice versa. It also comes down to how the seat is mounted. It took me a while to get my seat where I wanted it.

Best of luck! Welcome to legends!

Eric