Author Topic: Another shot  (Read 17226 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Another shot
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 10:26:27 pm »
So, here's a pic for you all.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 07:29:57 pm »
Stripped away some more history today. Grill shell (sanded) completely done and started on the hood.

Steve

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2020, 10:47:57 am »
Steve,

Glad to see that you're making good progress on your Legend car. Looking forwarding to seeing it when it's finally all done.

Keep up the good work and make sure to have fun while you're at it. BTW - Like the VMS T-shirt!

Take care and stay safe! Mark
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2020, 11:48:59 am »
Thanks Mark! Working on getting the hood sanded down. This came from Jim's car (the old lime green and purple paint scheme). lol! He didn't have good luck with that car. All those new rod ends and heims came from VMS as well. ;)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2020, 03:18:01 pm »
Grill shell and hood all sanded and ready for repairs and primer. On to the body!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2020, 05:39:08 pm »
Sanded a bunch today. It's interesting to remember some of the paint colors and get the history behind each and every part that is going on the car. Some of the folks I talked to never even remembered the body parts being that color. I am covered in layers of paint dust!!! Eyes, ears, nose, clothes, etc... What an awesome day!!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 04:10:11 pm »
Generator and air compressor are up and running. This should speed things along! To this point, been doing everything by hand.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 05:21:43 pm »
I got the air scoop, trunk lid and right side door done today. I know that Craig bought the car already painted Yellow. Gel coat was white (of course). next layer was a dark purple, an Army green color, Black, Neon orange, then the neon yellow. Stripped Jim's old hood down; White gel coat, red and lime green. Wish I knew all the history behind all the different colors. Have followed Jim for a number of years, so know his colors. Grill shell I got from Josh Thomas. Many different colors on that as well. I have paint dust in my eyes, ears, nose and some places you all don't want to know about. What a great day!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 07:03:17 pm »
Both doors are sanded now and started on the main part of the body. Cowling is almost done. Sanding at least 5 layers of paint. I think some of these folks got a bit carried away with the thickness. I think they thought the paint was going to fly off the car. LOL!!!! All is going well though. Been busy with the Childhood Cancer Awareness fundraiser this weekend. I think we about ready with that. Still lots to do, and will still have to do a lot of hand sanding yet to come.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 12:48:35 pm »
Took a few days off for the Childhood Cancer Awareness fundraiser; Which went fairly well. Raised some money for the Ronald McDonald House here in Montana.
Now, back to sanding the rest of the body! I have a few repairs that are going to need done. Anyone have tips or tricks for repairing holes and cracks in the body?

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2020, 05:29:23 pm »
Always nice when you can find the right socket or tool to fix something. LOL! Generator is repaired and spent a couple hours sanding the main body today. About 1/3 done. Takes a while to strip off 5 layers of paint and get right down to the fiberglass. Still looking for tips and tricks to do a few repairs. Been about 40 some years since I've messed with fiberglass. Things are coming along though.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2020, 03:11:58 pm »
Bought myself an air powered sander with my birthday gift card. Thing works tons better than the power tool sanders!!! Half the car sanded now! These things are pretty damn ugly in bare fiberglass. LOL!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2020, 12:56:02 am »
18" of snow and cold. Not getting anything accomplished. New parts from VMS Motorsports today, so feels like Christmas! LOL!!!
Thank You to those that sent me messages on fiberglass repairs! Think I have made a plan to do the necessary repairs. Still a lot of work to do if the weather warms up. Thank You for all the support and encouragement from my racing family! You all keep me pushing forward!!! I know that I will not make any money; But my efforts to promote Childhood Cancer Awareness continues. I finally retired this month. I am looking forward to my volunteer work for Kelly's Closet, providing clothing, diapers, etc... to families in need. I also look forward to continue to promote Childhood Cancer Awareness. We raised a few dollars for Ronald McDonald House last month to help families while their children struggle to fight cancer. They were awesome to work with!!!!

Hope you all have a great off season! Hopeful that next year will bring togetherness and a much happier year to all my racing friends.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2020, 06:40:00 pm »
So, I am in to the winter months. Not likely to get much done for a bit. :'(  Awhile back I asked for tips and tricks to doing fiberglass repair; It's been a lot of years since I have done any fiberglass work. I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube and think I have my plan of attack on the bodywork. Can't wait until Spring to get started!!!

In the mean time, I have been keeping myself busy with volunteer work for Kelly's Closet. We supply clothing, diapers, wipes, etc... for those in need. Our main focus is on children in the Great Falls, MT area; But we help the adults as well. We did our annual Christmas stockings and managed to hand out 300 Christmas stockings and help about 40 families with gifts. I can not thank our friends and sponsors enough!!!! This has been a rough year on everyone! Plans are already in the works for next years projects. Looking forward to continued work with the project.

I look forward to getting the race car finished as well. My car will be themed to promote Childhood Cancer Awareness. I know of one member who's son was diagnosed about 4 years ago. I am fortunate to have met him when he was just an infant. He is now 5 years old. Not out of the woods yet; But doing better. I am doing an annual fundraiser through Kelly's Closet for Childhood Cancer Awareness. We were able to donate money this year to the Ronald McDonald House to help out families here in Montana (USA). I am already working on the 2021 fundraiser. If you would like more info on Kelly's Closet, please feel free to look up our Facebook page. We hope to have a website this next year.

Happy New Year to all our friends here at LegendsRacer! A Safe and Good Year to everyone.

Steve

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2020, 07:07:42 pm »
Steve, Keep up the great work and Happy New Year to you as well. Stay safe!! Mark
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x