Author Topic: Another shot  (Read 17225 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Another shot
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2019, 10:23:54 pm »
Thank You, Mark! Levi is in for scans right now. Praying for good results. I totally support any efforts to improve awareness for childhood cancer! Childhood cancers only receive about 8% of the budget for cancer research. I think this is so wrong!!!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 06:05:26 pm »
Finally bought the bolts, nuts and washers today and got the front end mocked up. New bearings and seals to install yet on the hubs. All is looking good! Anyone have the brake mounts for stock Toyota?

I promise that I will get some pics posted soon!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 12:08:47 am »
New lower ball joints from VMS Motorsports! Another set of hubs, rotors and much needed baking plates from Craig Gillihan! Was like Christmas in May!!! Also picked up my rear end and some other associated parts that were stored elsewhere. I forgot how fast that Stelletto rack turns! Been working 6 days a week, so not much time to spend getting the car together. More nuts, bolts and washers to buy to get the rear end mounted. SCCA requires hardened washers on both sides of all heims. Just some small differences to meet their rules.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 05:26:27 pm »
Steering rack installed, all bolts, nuts and washers in place. Working on the hubs and brakes tomorrow. May get to start on the rear end as well. Have to get the tires mounted on the wheels and balanced. Hopeful that I can get Big O Tire to sponsor that.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 04:19:52 pm »
Well, didn't get anything done on the car today. Crappy weather!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 02:41:22 am »
Great weather today! Didn't do anything with the race car; Chose to spend it with my lady and a wonderful Mother. Also spent a few moments to promote Childhood Cancer Awareness. Just maybe my post will help make a difference. I promoted my friend and sponsor, Jim and VMS Motorsports. I apologize to those I failed to mention that have helped along my journey to get this race car built. I can't Thank Everyone here on the site enough for all your help and support!

THANK YOU!!!

Steve

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »
Steve,

Good choice spending the day yesterday with your lady. I spent mine too with my Mom(whom I am fortunate to be alive yet and in good health) and my wife as well. Without them, we don't do what we love to do. Keep us posted on status of your project.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 03:58:43 pm »
Lower ball joints installed. Broke the backing shields loose from the brake caliper mounts and installed those. Hubs installed as well.
A bit of clean up and paint and all will be bolted on permanently.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 01:57:53 pm »
So, my big project today was to install the gas pedal. Don't laugh at me! lol!!! I have been having a lot of problems with my blood pressure and a lot of stress created by this Covid virus. We are still on lockdown at work. Back to working long days and weeks. Hopeful that things will get better soon and I can spend more time on the car. Next project today is to change the oil in Kelly's van. I hope there will still be time to do a bit more on the race car today.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »
Got the oil change done yesterday in Kelly's van. I placed the rear end in the racecar today. Need to get some more spacers from Jim (VMS Motorsports) and get my tires mounted. At least I can roll it around after that. I have no energy. Between the blood pressure issues and trying to get back to work, I am exhausted. I'll take baby steps if that's what I have to do to get her done!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 04:43:08 am »
Rear end is mocked up. Ordering rear bars and heims from VMS Motorsports. Picking up my wheels and tires tomorrow. Will be nice to roll the car out in the sunlight! lol!!!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 02:12:51 pm »
Parts ordered for the rear end and wheels/ tires on the front. Should be rolling very soon!
I think I will get the interior cleaned up and painted; Also get my seat mounted while I am waiting on parts.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2020, 03:35:06 pm »
Kind of a bitter sweet day... Stripped off the old sponsor decals from Jim's old hood and the decals from the interior and body of Craig's old car. Was like stripping away history.  :'( :'( :'( Hated to do it; But have to get started on the body so that I can start getting it ready for paint. I was able to salvage a couple of decals and stuck them on my toolbox for motivation. Rear end parts should be here on Monday.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2020, 03:23:54 pm »
Interior tins all painted flat black. Kind of miss the blue that they were painted. Looks pretty good though!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2020, 05:04:45 pm »
Again, Thanks to Jim at VMS Motorsports; I finally have the car on the ground and rolling!!! Still lots to do. Working on going through the engine and getting that mounted is the next part of the project. Those of you that have been on the site for awhile know it has been a struggle for me to get this far. I am super excited!!!!

Steve