Author Topic: Too much wheel input turning  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Legendracer31

Too much wheel input turning
« on: April 29, 2018, 06:08:24 pm »
Been having issue for awhile run short tight turned flat 1/4 mile asphalt track. Have so much wheel input in center of turn like 90 degree angle so can’t get out of turn when need to and gets car loose. I’ve tried taken higher arch into turn still hasn’t helped also if keep taking cross out gets to point where gets too loose. Run 225 to 200 RF. Am I too tight on entry?  What would be best route to go to fix? Lighter RF, more caster like 4+ split, run rear end longer on right? Feel like if don’t have to turn wheel so much I will be able to get back to gas sooner and keep car from getting loose out. Any ideas would help if anyone has had issue like this. Thanks.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Too much wheel input turning
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 07:13:30 pm »
I would be interested to know the rest of your spring rates. I am thinking that you should have something like a 275# spring on that RF.
As we don't know the rest of your set up, that would be my guess at this point.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legendracer31

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »
225lf 215 rf 125 lr 185 rr cross around 48%. Think stiffer RF would help with that? Not sure if not thinking it right would think would make me push.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 02:24:17 am »
Thanks for the info.
Yes, a stiffer RF spring would make you push even more.
Is the rear end square in the chassis? Are you good on entry to the turns and then it starts pushing?
The LR is pretty soft... Have you tried stiffening the RR spring?
It's hard to guess when I don't know where you are at on set up. Trying my best.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 11:06:42 am »
After review of your current spring rates, your set up looks more like a dirt set up than an asphalt set up. Try this as a baseline set up.
LF 260
RF 275
LR 185 or 190
RR 200
Cross around 49%
Camber
RF -5 / LF +2.5
Caster
RF - +3 / LF +0-0.5
Tire pressures - 26 psi Right side / 20 psi Left side

This should get you in the ball park and you can adjust from there.

Hope this helps! Mark
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 06:16:11 pm »
Something to consider when talking springs is the length of your control arms from the center of the ball joint to the center of the nut in the heim. We started with the base 275 RF and kept getting lower based on the way the car drove and shock travel. We changed control arms lengths based on a recommendation from a friend with some very fast cars. We smashed that 275 and were up to a 300 before the car drove half decent.

I would make sure your running the control arm length your chassis guy recommends, watch your tire temps and shock travel and adjust your springs from there.

Otherwise you'll be pushing like a dump truck with the same springs this guy says to loose.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

anything