Author Topic: Bando compression  (Read 9161 times)

Offline blazedog5

Bando compression
« on: May 04, 2017, 01:24:27 pm »
I found this asked earlier in another thread, but it was never answered.   What should the compression be for a Bando motor?  Should it be tested warm?  And how much difference would/should you expect between the two cylinders?  Someone tested their motor and got 160 and 145.  I have messaged the US Legends engine shop but no reply yet.....thanks,,  And I guess another question is when would you send for a refresh?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Bando compression
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:42:23 pm »
I'm not 100% sure what the compression should be. You want to try to keep within 10% on each cylinder.
When was the last time you changed out valve springs? I know that is a big issue with these engines.
"When would you send for a refresh?" I guess it depends on how competitive you want to be and how big your budget. I know some that send them in every season and some that send them in every couple years. Maintenance on ANY engine is key! Down side to a sealed engine program is that you can't do certain work to them. :/

I know... Not much of an answer. But best I've got for you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 02:36:09 pm »
Thanks for reply  everything helps!!  I will recommend the valve spring change also.  It's a new to bando father who is having some problems.  I am trying to help, but my knowledge is limited also.. Thanks again!! :D

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »
Get him to sign up on the site. I have a very limited knowledge on Bando Cars. What little I do know, I have learned from folks here on the site over the past 10 years.
Our group may not be large; But we have some AWESOME people on our site!!! Questions are ALWAYS welcome! We ALL learn from each other. That is what this forum is all about! Racers helping racers.

I may need to break out the old computer and dig up old files I have saved over the years. If you took notice; We just started a section for people interested in making a Legends Car street legal. Just started this section last week. I have spent hours and hours trying to research and promote whatever I can. Dennis (our new moderator for this section) has also been a great help!

Have your friend sign up and message me. I will help as far as my knowledge allows me to. Not that our Bando section is huge... But it is still the best info on the internet! Google that for yourself...This site comes out on top on almost every search! Bando class is a steppingstone to bigger and better things! We have kids that have moved on up to everything from Late Models to Pro Sports Cars!

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 02:25:39 pm »
I agree,,, i did see the new section,  I am on a facebook page that is by Mike Tobash,, street legal oval track car builds,, they have a few legends on that page also..  very cool,, I don't think my home state of CT is very friendly to these projects,

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 02:56:19 pm »
I've seen the cars on the FB page. Very nice!!!
I think there are a lot of states that are not friendly to this kind of projects.

Do tell your Bando friend to keep valve springs on hand! I know that some of the top teams are changing them on a regular basis.
Set up and keeping the RPMs up are also a pretty big deal on the Bandos.

Steve

anything