Author Topic: Oil Cooler Questions, i know... another thread about oil coolers  (Read 4528 times)

Offline theonerecoil

Hello Everyone

Very new to legend race cars, and i have few questions. I have searched the forum but i am looking for pictures on how everyone runs there oil filters and coolers. Most of the searches are from a few years ago.

I currently have 2 long 9" x 9" coolers, offset stacked with one fan. I also have  a 3 port remote oil filter on the outside of the frame rail with the wix 51515r filter.

Here are my questions/concerns. Being i am in western Canada, the support for these cars are not that big. I am looking for a 3 port remote filter housing with a more common and cheaper filter (currently paying $40 a filter)

I am also looking for alternative oil cooler set ups as on a 25*Celsius day i am hitting temps of 280 with fresh oil. Currently ruining amsoil 10-40 motorcycle oil ($14 CAN a quart) and looking for a slightly cheaper, more available oil as well.

I am looking at a better cooling set up and a picture is worth a thousand words. Please let me know what you guys are running and post some pics of your set ups.

Currently looking at the Fluidyne option but it will be well over $600 CAN once i get it here.

I am also a be believer on changing oil often and would like to cut my oil change expense down if possible.

Thansk
Kris

anything