Author Topic: oil push  (Read 9067 times)

Offline john sofield

oil push
« on: July 10, 2017, 10:16:01 am »
Hello I have a 1200 compression good use 20/50 . 30 lap race 2 practices 12 laps each catch can gets over full and runs down side of car then check oil level engine running its below sight glass so I'm not over filling. any help thanks.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: oil push
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 12:47:15 pm »
Hi John,

Welcome to the site!

It took me a few minutes to decipher your post. What I am reading is that you have a 1200 engine with good compression, and using 20/50 weight oil. You ran it roughly 54 laps and your catch can filled up and was overflowing. You say that you checked the sight glass and oil level was low. Did you check the sight glass before you ran the car? Perhaps it was over full to begin with and pushed the oil out. I'm not sure. Anyway, here is a link to an old thread on the subject:  http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=1576.0. Perhaps this thread will help you find your problem.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline busted bisquit

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:31 pm »
Had a problem with oil being pushed out of crankcase found that there is a rubber grommet that is between the clutch cover and the crankcase it was missing and letting the oil to be pushed out into the catch can

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:11 am »
I've never had a lot of success with an oil catch can. For some reason it would always fill up with oil like you said. I changed to just a tube with a filter on the end and haven't had and oil coming out since then.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA