Author Topic: S.L.F. Reverse  (Read 8665 times)

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
S.L.F. Reverse
« on: May 08, 2017, 06:58:22 am »
I have looked around a little bit for a way to make a reverse. There is one  for around a thousand dollars but I can't find it again and I really don't want to spend a thousand. So other than opening the door and pushing with a Strong Left Foot, anybody have ideas as to making these things backup??

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: S.L.F. Reverse
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:57:31 pm »
Always be sure to have a friend or two hanging around at the rod runs and car shows. LOL!
I have seen the reverse unit you are referring to. I have also forgotten who makes it or where I located it.
With a little fabrication work, perhaps a ring gear and starter motor.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline climer97007

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 02:17:10 pm »
Or rebuild it using a Honda GoldWing or similar that has a reverse built-in. I think the Goldwing transmission uses an electric reverse motor as well.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 02:23:48 pm »
I have also heard of people using a chain case from a snowmobile. Never looked into it.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 03:32:41 pm »
Or rebuild it using a Honda GoldWing or similar that has a reverse built-in. I think the Goldwing transmission uses an electric reverse motor as well.
I would much rather have my 1800 Goldwing motor in the car. You shift the Goldwing to neutral then push the reverse button, then you use the starter button to engage the starter to back up. It's strong enough but slow.