Author Topic: Trailer Hitch On A Legend  (Read 7585 times)

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
Trailer Hitch On A Legend
« on: June 20, 2017, 09:56:00 am »
 I am a member of the Patriot Guard Riders and pull a bell with my Honda Goldwing to use in Veterans funeral services. It is also used in other memorial services. One of our members has a Rat Rod pickup that we use for a flag hauler so I thought I would use my Legend to pull my bell.

As always, any comments are welcome, if you think I'm crazy that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion so speak up.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Trailer Hitch On A Legend
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:50:36 pm »
Looks like it turned out pretty good!
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline jhendri542

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 01:01:53 pm »
I am a member of the Patriot Guard Riders and pull a bell with my Honda Goldwing to use in Veterans funeral services. It is also used in other memorial services. One of our members has a Rat Rod pickup that we use for a flag hauler so I thought I would use my Legend to pull my bell.

As always, any comments are welcome, if you think I'm crazy that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion so speak up.
How did you do that hitch?  Which hitch did you use?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 02:13:30 pm »
I think Dennis had a friend weld that up for him. He used double hitch pins (2 on each side) to connect it all to the chassis so that it was removeable. The bell and trailer that he hauled were pretty light weight. A legends car would likely be able to haul a small motorcycle type trailer; But I don't think I would do anything heavier than that. You could weld the hitch directly to the chassis if need be. His thought was to remove the hitch for car shows and cruise nights.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything