Next Problem

<< < (3/4) > >>

RPM:
I can supply you a 19" for $64.95.

If interested, let me know.

Randy - RPM

justfreaky:
Randy,

I know Dennis is going to need at least one steering arm (Part #32 on the USLC front suspension diagram). He has one that the hole is elongated. Got any good ones laying around the shop?

Steve

El Gringo:
Randy, I think I'll try this one, I haven't burned myself on the turn out yet but it looks like it's just waiting to get me. I bought a perforated guard that clamps on to the pipe that I don't think you can see in the picture.

On the steering arm, it looks like someone has replaced it and the tie rod end with flat bar stock and a Heim joint. It just don't look like the one in the parts list at USL. If I can't figure out what they have done I'll post a picture so you guys can tell me what I need.

El Gringo:
Well it is rusty and crude looking but it is a factory part. I don't know why they are slotted but they are adjusted opposite. I have noticed that if you turn the wheel loose it wants to go round in circles so it probably is for that very thing. I really need a rear end that is not welded or spooled, trying to push that little car to turn around takes two big people. I thought I was about through with this project but it is really going to take a while to get it the way I want it.

Jason Treschl Racing:
Those arms are slotted to change the ackermann angle. Shorter on 1 side than the other means one wheel steers a few degrees more than the other. On the road you should have them both even.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version