Street Legal Legends > General

Next Problem

(1/4) > >>

El Gringo:
OK, I have tags, inspection sticker, insurance, and a very loud car. When the police in Amarillo Texas see my little red rat rod I wont make a block before they have me stopped. The exhaust system might work for racing but I don't think it will work running around town. I have removed the running boards to make it easier to get out of it and I could run a pipe down the side of the frame to the back wheel but where to go from there is a mystery and I don't have any idea where to put another muffler. That Borla Collector is not muffling much noise.

So, if there are any muffler guys out there, could you please take a look at your car and see if you can figure something out.

justfreaky:
My first thought is a motorcycle muffler. Let me think on this for a bit and see what I can come up with.

RPM:
Bliss race engineering makes a muffler that attaches to the borla on the car and is mounted under the driver side running board for tracks that have noise restrictions in California. Also the Euro guys run some sort of exhaust system that dumps out from a muffler behind the car. They are also required to run reverse for road racing over there so maybe if someone has some contact info for someone over there they can get you pointed in the right direction

El Gringo:
Thanks Randy, I couldn't find a website for Bliss Engineering. I found a reference to Bliss in Ukiah California, do you think that might be him?

justfreaky:
I've got some contacts with members in the UK and Switzerland. I'll do some asking around.
I don't recall the size of the exhaust at the end of the collector. Don't have mine handy right now.
I did think about something like Super Trapp ($95.00) and tunable. Shorty mufflers ($10.00-$70.00).Or perhaps a exhaust insert/ baffle ($15.00).
???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version