Author Topic: Inspection Criteria  (Read 9402 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
Re: Inspection Criteria
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:48:00 pm »
Update on my Street Legend. After reading every possible way to go with titling and tagging my car I chose going the Street Rod Replica route. Going this way I only have to have it inspected once, but that has to be by a ASE Master Mechanic. I got it passed on the first trip to him and he filled out the form and signed it along with his certification number.

I have had a little problem with the little #$%^ at the Tax Office and once again, after going over the instructions for Street Rods for half an hour and even though the instruction say that the ASE Mechanic is suppose to check the VIN number, and he did, he said it was an out of state vehicle and I would have to get the police department to check the VIN through their Crime Reports. Of course they only do that one day a week at 9:00 AM on Wednesday mornings. If you are not there when they start, you wait another week. I dislike anyone involved in the whole political system and especially the County Tax Office.  I'm telling the truth here, They Charge Us A Tax Because it Might Rain in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas.

Allstate would not insure the car even though we have two pickups, a van, three cars, two motorcycles, and a car hauler trailer insured through them and have used them for the last twenty years. But, they did find a company named Hagerty that had no problem with it. So I am doing my best to comply with all laws, rules, and regulations so when I do hit the street, being the careful, observant driver that I am, and knowing they will stop me within 30 seconds of seeing me, MAYBE I'll get the last laugh.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 03:23:38 pm »
Dennis,

I know I messaged you about this, but thought I would share with the group.

The little #$%^ at the tax office probably drives a AMC Pacer. Enough said! lol! He has probably been scratching his head trying to figure out how to tax hell out of you for a car that, in reality, doesn't exist in their books.

The insurance companies have similar issues. It's not in their little book of vehicles, so they have no idea. Like insuring many hot rods or antique vehicles, a specialty insurer is likely the only way you can go for insurance. You have a very unique vehicle; Everyone from the police to Average Joe is going to want to get a look at it and drive you crazy with questions.

Take it all in stride! ;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 07:33:06 am »
WWW.Hagerty.Com  My Allstate agent found this company for me when they were unable to insure the car because of the VIN being less than seventeen digits. Or, so they said. The policy wasn't much, $233 per year and they are in the Vintage and Street Rod insurance business so they understood what I was telling them.

anything