Street Legal Legends > Brakes

Hydraulic Drift Brake

<< < (2/2)

jhendri542:

--- Quote from: El Gringo on June 03, 2017, 09:19:30 pm ---The Drift Brake was cheap but the fittings were hard to find. It works really well. If you buy one make sure you get the type that will lock until you release it. The brakes were not real good before the installation and the car master cylinder had to be replaced before it worked properly.

--- End quote ---
Any chance you could make a diagram for how you had this set up and maybe some specifics on how you had this plumbed in?    Do you just run a tee to the rear drums?  I have some people run these with a separate master cylinder just for the drift brake.   The good news is they have inexpensive units that can be total free movement, but have a ratchet mechanism that you can insert for an actual parking brake.

justfreaky:
I know that the drift brake runs it's own master cylinder. I am sure Dennis can tell you how he plumbed it in. IF you use the drift brake for drifting events, you will not want it to lock up. That is a good part of what you will be using for a brake.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version