Author Topic: How You Doing 2017?  (Read 6868 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing 2017?
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:15:03 am »
Happy New Year!
Well, it's that time of year again.
Let everyone know what you are doing to your car in the off season, and post your results for the 2017 season.

Best Wishes and Safe Racing in 2017!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JayB

Re: How You Doing 2017?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 10:02:34 am »
I have got all the decals on my car... except the INEX ones. And painted over the roll cage a bit. And my first race will be on February 25th!
Jay Berrios Driver of the #25 Chevy Coupe             Follow me on twitter please @Jay_Berrios

Offline irace24

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:32:41 pm »
Prepping for my first season in legends.  Moving up from karts without much help so everything is a learning experience.  I've got the car basically ready to go just working on some cosmetic things, painting the old body, ordering so new fenders, need to get it lettered etc.  I'll be racing at the Waterford speedbowl in CT on Saturdays nights shooting for a full season and possibly a few races on whacky Wednesday's if I find time between working full time and school full time and the girlfriend! I'll attach a pic of the old body before paint for the before shot.  I still need a trailer too if anyone has any decent leads let me know.  I'd prefer an enclosed but I'll settle for an open if we get closer to the season and I haven't found anything yet.  Ideal trailer would be 14-16' dual axle for cheap if anyone sees anything.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:07:08 am »
Keep any eye out on your local craigslist or check some of the facebook pages for a trailer. I've seen some pretty good deals on open trailers.
I wouldn't go less than 14'. I liked my 16' as it was enough room for the car and carry some extras. Also good if you are using to haul other vehicles or things.
Before Christmas, someone decided they needed my trailer worse than I did. Yes, Stolen! Be sure to secure your trailer when it's not in use.

If you by chance you find a really good deal on a black 16' open flatbed trailer, 2x6 wood decked, tandem axle, electric brakes, aluminum tool box mounted on the front, silver painted wheels with purple painted hubs, no fenders and a permanent Montana license plate; I just may have the title and 2 spare wheels for it.

Steve

Offline irace24

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 09:43:56 pm »
Found a good deal on a trailer down south... 8x20 so I'll have plenty of room.  Sorry to hear about your trailer I hope it turns up.  The car is still out for paint but I'll post a picture of the finished product once it returns.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 09:54:54 pm »
Awesome!
I have been trailer hunting, as I hold little hope of locating my stolen trailer. Still haven't found the right deal for my budget.
Look forward to the pics of your car with the new paint!

Steve