LEGENDS > Lubrication

Setrab Oil cooler repair.

(1/2) > >>

ZForceRacing01:
I have a leak on my oil cooler. Standard Setrab 3 pass. Leak started slow, but is now unraceable. Can a radiator shop repair these things, I don't see why not. This thing has never been damaged from a wreck, it just started leaking for no reason. 

justfreaky:
Hi John,

I would think the radiator shop should be able to repair it and then pressure test it for you after the repairs. That would be my first stop.

Steve

Legends57x:
I have had two of the Setrab oil coolers over the past five years of my Legends racing and both developed leaks near base mounting plates.  These coolers are not user friendly for racing as they seem to fatigue due to vibration and stress as they are solid mounted for the most part.  I even used extra long threaded rod with spacers to capture both top and lower mounts, but had same result.  I have since switched over to the Fluidyne double pass oil cooler(available at Summit Racing for <$220), mounted it with rubber grommets and never had further oil leak issues.  Fluidyne cooler is a much more robust design and better cooling IMO.  As far as your original question, I have not heard of anyone repairing the Setrab coolers.  Due to the nature of oil passing thru it, I would think it would have to be thoroughly flushed with solvent, allowed to air dry for some time, before attempting to repair.  Not worth the risk in my mind.  Good luck!

justaoke:
Legends57x-- Do you have a part number for that at Summit?? Thanks!

Legends57x:
Summit Racing Part Number: FLD-DB-30317-RTF  $217.55 free shipping & handling.  Hope this helps!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version