Author Topic: Rear view mirror.  (Read 8361 times)

Offline Legends16

Rear view mirror.
« on: February 16, 2016, 01:21:11 pm »
Looking to get a new rearview mirror for my car. Anyone ever use this style of mirror in their legend. If so, did you like it?

Thanks,

Eric

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Re: Rear view mirror.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »
Looking to get a new rearview mirror for my car. Anyone ever use this style of mirror in their legend. If so, did you like it?

Thanks,

Eric

We tried those mirrors early on, they are not very good and we had a lot of issue of the mirror sections falling out and the plastic breaking due to vibration.

I found the Allview mirrors many, many moons ago and that is all I have in my cars. They are much better than the Longacre convex mirror as well as they have a plastic housing and are not all flimsy and distorted.

Check them out: http://www.allviewmirror.com/ram.htm

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:23:02 pm »
I've never heard anyone say that they like that style of mirror, though don't run mirrors myself.
I always have the Joes mirrors in stock:
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1227076
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends16

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:28:10 pm »

Thanks,

Eric

We tried those mirrors early on, they are not very good and we had a lot of issue of the mirror sections falling out and the plastic breaking due to vibration.

I found the Allview mirrors many, many moons ago and that is all I have in my cars. They are much better than the Longacre convex mirror as well as they have a plastic housing and are not all flimsy and distorted.

Check them out: http://www.allviewmirror.com/ram.htm

Randy - RPM

Its funny you should say that Randy. That's the mirror I have in my car now. It came with the car except its got a fabricate piece of sheet metal secured to the back of it instead of those nice mounts the come with. I don't dislike the mirror so much but Id like to maybe mount it a little higher in the car so I'm not looking at my helmet so much. I also wanted to see what's out there. I've emailed Allviewmirror to see if I can get the mounts separately.

Do you run those mounts with yours Randy?

Thanks guys!

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
Its funny you should say that Randy. That's the mirror I have in my car now. It came with the car except its got a fabricate piece of sheet metal secured to the back of it instead of those nice mounts the come with. I don't dislike the mirror so much but Id like to maybe mount it a little higher in the car so I'm not looking at my helmet so much. I also wanted to see what's out there. I've emailed Allviewmirror to see if I can get the mounts separately.

Do you run those mounts with yours Randy?

Thanks guys!

I have installed several with the bracket into customer cars, but my mirrors are more than 10 years old. Back then they mounted them onto a piece of 1/2 sq tubing and the mounting brackets to the car were the same.

If you have those brackets, rotate them up and you will see much more than your head.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline Legends16

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »
Naw I think the bracket that its secured to is something someone made. I looks like a piece of 2 inch in flat stock with a couple slots for the hose clamps to run through. I may fabricate something for it.

Thanks again,

Eric

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 12:29:20 pm »
Also use the allview mirror. Great visibility.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 06:25:42 am »
Hell, a lot the guy I know don't run a rear view mirror, just two side mirrors. I'm almost inclined to follow suit. I really only use my side mirrors. Between my containment seat and helmet, I can t see jack. We have even trimmed the halo to give me more view, helped a little.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous