Author Topic: Cost of Decaling/lettering a car  (Read 11414 times)

Offline Legendracer24

Cost of Decaling/lettering a car
« on: March 02, 2008, 10:07:31 am »
On the average, how much did you guys spend on decaling/lettering your cars. I have to do it for mine next week and  I would like to go in with a general idea of how much I'm going to have to spend.  I do understand that the more complicated you get the higher the price but lets just assume i only need single or double color graphics or numbers. A general price range would be helpful, and i appericate your responses. THANKS- TYLER

the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Cost of Decaling/lettering a car
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:51:06 am »
Hi Tyler,
  I'm not sure what decals you are required to use;
 But numbers, drivers name, and maybe a sponsor or two in vinyl will likely run about $80.00 and up. (check the rules to get the sizes right)
You could paint the numbers on if you have a steady hand or stenciles, and maybe save a few bucks that way.
If you have some art ability, that could be a major plus.
 You will need to use contingency sponsor decals to receive any monies for using their products. I believe most will supply you with decals, or at least minimal cost.

Don't know if that is much help.  ???

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

FFmedic

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:06 pm »
I'm gonna try and hit up a decal shop to do some sponsoring for the car.  Maybe get the decals put on for free or something like that.  I know when I decaled my trailer a few yrs ago, the numbers are the same size as what goes on the car, it cost me around $200 and that was having them put it on.  Now the number is also 2 layer with my name writen through them, but it should give you a little idea.  I think Steve is right, $80 on up, depending on what you are having done I don't see you spending more then $200. 

Joe

Offline reitter28

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »
im getting mine done in a few weeks. its costing me 130 for 2 layer numbers for both doors and the roof, single layer numbers on the front and rear fenders, and my first and last name above both side windows.

note : neon colors are usually more per squar inch than a regular red or green
lancehooper.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:52:52 pm »
As I said;
 If you have a bit of talent, and a steady hand; You can paint them on. Did that with my first 3 cars. Saved a few bucks, but the results were far less than I was wanting. They were nice looking cars though.
 Joe is probably right there on the $200. You could apply them yourself and save the labor costs. Just take your time! It's really not that hard.
 I'm still curious about what decals the Legends Cars are required to run? Also the contingency sponsors.
Paint shops, sign companies; all good ideas for a bit of sponsorship.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 04:08:22 pm »
Hey Steve, if you download the legends rules, they have the size and width right in the rules for legends cars!

They also mention what decals are required, and where to put them.  They also mention a little about contingency sponsors.

Mike

If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:43:18 am »
Please call my wife and she can give you a great deal. I'm out of the country right now but she runs the show anyway.
Her name is Joann at Vision Graphix and the # is 410-604-1668.

Thanks Scott

PS this goes to all other Legends drivers also.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Legendracer24

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 08:03:15 am »
hey i got a great deal for all my numbers and name and sponsors at the online graphics place listed in the references page...good stuff! I liked how you were able to see the designs instead of just guessing them.
the age old saying: Speed Costs--How fast do you want to go>? Thank god this isn't true for legends because i have no money!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:05 pm »
When you pay your INEX dues, they send you all the contingency decals...at least they did last year!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

FFmedic

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 08:31:54 pm »
You're right... Decals arn't really hard to put on.  The key is to keep them wet.  Same idea as what they do for window tint.  Squeegy the solution off as you stick them down.

I might have to call your wife Scott, thanks.

Joe

Offline MegaMang

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 10:21:55 pm »
When you pay your INEX dues, they send you all the contingency decals...at least they did last year!

They do indeed still send you all the contingency decals.  Just got my package last week.  Got all the decals.

Mike

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 09:33:08 pm »
Hey Tyler,

We have a shop here that for all race teams is $22 a square foot.  That is for single layer numbering and digital imaging for sponsour logo's.  That seems to be a good price so I would use that as the guage for your guy.

Offline bake82

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 12:32:17 pm »
Hey Tyler,

We have a shop here that for all race teams is $22 a square foot.  That is for single layer numbering and digital imaging for sponsour logo's.  That seems to be a good price so I would use that as the guage for your guy.

Jeremy,   what shop is that?

Offline MegaMang

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 06:52:22 pm »
Hey Kyle,

That would be 53 colours.

Give them a call.

Mike

Offline Vic Thrust

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »
I have used FireStormGraphix.com on my son's bando. They even have headlight decals packages for both Bando and Legends. I spent about $185 for numbers in full color and headlight decals. Sent me a proof for my approval before printing them.

http://www.firestormgraphix.com/minicup-bandolero.html

anything