Author Topic: Dash panel  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

Dash panel
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:18:46 am »
Looking for opinions on the legality of not running a dash panel in the car. Don't see any rules specifically saying you can't remove it. I don't have any gauges, and the switches are located on the driveshaft tunnel, so there isn't really a reason to have one.

Anyone done this?

Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline Legends57x

Re: Dash panel
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:32:26 pm »
A few years ago we traveled to Eldora for an end of year Legends dirt special as part of the Blue Collar Bash.  One Legend car showed up with half a dash and they made him install a piece of metal in place where it was missing before he could race.  However, since this was approx. 3 years ago, things related to enforcing this may have changed.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline RyanMech29

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:19:47 pm »
I agree that there would be no reason to have one. But I always refer back to this note in the rule book.
"If this rulebook does not specifically say that you can change/modify/add something, then you must consider that the change/modification/addition is illegal."
Ryan Mech
#29 INEX Legend Car
Greenfield, WI

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:08:24 pm »
It depends on where you race. When I ran the Asphalt Nationals in November I was told we had to have one by an INEX/ USLC employee. He said they were using What Ryan said, "If this rulebook does not specifically say that you can change/modify/add something, then you must consider that the change/modification/addition is illegal." I was told they had like 50 dash boards on the truck for people to install. Guess what? By the A Mains I still seen one or two cars without them. Bunch of Clowns.

I would ask your tech guy.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:37:57 am »
I went ahead and emailed Reinhardt for clarification. I figure that will be his response also, but at least I'll have it in writing.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:21 am »
As expected response was essentially "It came in the car so it must remain in the car".
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:22:20 am »
I had asked Scott about a plexiglass/lexan dash for ease of seeing wiring problems if experiencing an issue, he said that would not be legal, but if I wanted to make one and send it to him, he would consider it...wasn't worth my time, so I didn't
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »
I agree Jim. Makes it much easier to get at the clutch adjustment also. Oh well.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 09:06:43 am »
There are a few cars in NC that don't have them. The car I'm building this winter isn't going to have one either. I plan on only having a Longacre switch panel. There is no performance advantage so what's the big deal?
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 11:33:46 am »
Everybody is trying to make their car lighter... :o
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

anything