Author Topic: LAPceiver ALT  (Read 5692 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

LAPceiver ALT
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:42:12 pm »
Curious of anyone using the Lapceiver from Raceceiver.

Apparently it's a Raceceiver and lap timer on one with the ability to here audible lap times through your earbuds.

It works with the issued transponder and the track's scoring system.

I think this would be of great benefit to me.

1. I will get immediate feedback of how changes we have made effect the car. Instead of having to download with my crew chief.

2. Also in single car practice, I get immediate feedback on different line adjustments.

I don't plan to buy the IR sensor kit at first. Just the basic model,

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: LAPceiver ALT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 07:58:09 pm »
It  is not a Raceceiver, is only for lap times. You will still need your Raceceiver.
If your track does not have the transmitter for the lapceiver, you will need to either have them get one, which Raceceiver will provide for free,  or purchase the infrared kit
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: LAPceiver ALT
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »
I spoke to a Rep from Raceceiver today. They confirmed what Jim said, you still need the raceceiver. I asked if their working on combining the two and she said they were not since they are both FM Receivers and would work against each other. I don't see why you can have two devices work in conjunction with each other externally, but not internally. I would think if you had the lap timer and raciever combined it would be a hit.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

anything