Author Topic: Dirt setup for 34 Ford Coupe  (Read 9974 times)

Offline bhayberger82

Dirt setup for 34 Ford Coupe
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:32:01 am »
This has been my first season racing a legend car. I've been running in PA with the Central PA Legends this season and I've been running around the top ten for most of the season. Which is good I guess for my rookie season, but I've been trying different things to help the setup and speed but nothing has worked to get me any closer to the front. I'm looking for any basic setup help that might help me.

Thanks,
Bryan Hayberger

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: Dirt setup for 34 Ford Coupe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:45 am »
10 out of how many on average? 10 out of 20, maybe you just need some seat time and not as much setup help. 10 of 12, you probably need some work.

There are so many dirt guys on here that can put you in the right direction I'm sure. I race asphalt myself .

I know The Dirt Legends of Georgia guys are friendly, check out their FB page. They used to have setup stuff on their website.

I'm not sure how the GA clay setup will work with your PA dirt.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:08:51 pm »
As one of those Dirt Legends of GA guys, I'd recommend ignoring what was posted on our website a while ago, haha. On 3/8 mile banked dirt track I started with the below setup.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

225/200
175/150

camber +3/-4
caster +1/+4

ride heights
3 7/8   4 1/4
4 3/8   4 3/4
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:40:32 pm »
Your best bet is to stick with what you've been running.  Figure out what you think you need to improve and then ask us.  Every driver and every car is different. For example, what Bob Stough runs is completely different than what I run, but if you look at pictures of our cars, both cars have the same "stance" through the corners. Your setup should be an ever-evolving thing. Except for me, who has found something I love and have literally only changed air pressure from week to week and race to race. Same setup for 1/4 mile bullring or 1/2 mile track.
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline bhayberger82

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:45:06 pm »
Thank you all. We usually have somewhere around 20 cars in our field, give or take. So its not bad for my first season but I want to continue to improve with the car, as well as driving.

anything