Author Topic: Rear Weight Percentage  (Read 10812 times)

Offline art1

Rear Weight Percentage
« on: September 17, 2015, 11:22:07 am »

How important is rear weight percentage? I currently have 50.3 and want to increase the rear percentage. Any opinions on the best way to increase the rear weight percentage and what is a good number for a 1/4 mile banked oval on asphalt.

Thanks for everyone's past responses, it has been helpful.

Art

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: Rear Weight Percentage
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:25:12 am »
I'm at 50.9 and my understanding is rear weight is pretty important. I'm still learning setup so don't take my numbers as law by any means, but that is my current number.

My rookie opinion, Makes sense to me that if you lacked rear weight you would be loose and possibly lack bite. Too much rear would cause you to push.

Your only .6% off me, wouldn't imagine that to be too much difference. 5-7 lbs I would guess.

We run 3/8 Mile Asphalt.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline williep13

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »
Rear weight is very important IMO.  If you want to be fast you need to be above 52%, this allows you to run more cross without being too tight and still rotating center.  The best way to get more rear weight if you don't have to put lead on the car is to get the wilwood brake kit.  This is 16lbs off the front that you can now move to the rear.  If you have to put lead on the car the obvious way to get more rear weight is to place lead on the rear of the car.  From personal experience I picked up over two tenths when I was able to get rear weight percentages up over 52%.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 08:28:36 pm »
52 percent with or without driver in car?
thanks joe

Offline WKM#2

• fast cars breed fast cars
    • ONETYPE CUSTOMS
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 01:43:38 pm »
isnt the rule 52 max in the rear?
WKM - WILLIAMSON KEMMER MOTORSPORTS
www.onetypecustoms.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 05:40:17 am »
This post is from 2015... So is an old post.

Current 2018 rulebook reads as follows:

75. WEIGHT using a FJ1200/XJR1200/XJR1250 Engine: The minimum weight of the car with the driver (as raced) is 1300 pounds.  The minimum weight of the right side of the car with the driver (as raced) is 640 pounds. The rear weight percentage can be no more than 52.0% without the driver.
WEIGHT using a FZ09 Engine: The minimum weight
of the car with the driver (as raced) is 1250 pounds.  The minimum weight of the right side of the car with the driver (as raced) is 615 pounds. The rear weight percentage can be no more than 52.0% without the driver.
No intentional lightening of the chassis is permitted.  Competitors are not permitted to add fuel after an event to meet the weight requirements.  It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that their car meets the weight requirements on the scales that are to be used by the INEX official.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.