Author Topic: cutting gaskets and spacer with restrictor plate?  (Read 9153 times)

Offline blazedog5

cutting gaskets and spacer with restrictor plate?
« on: June 30, 2015, 09:03:44 am »
In reading older posts I have seen that some cut the gaskets and even that someone mentions cutting the spacer.  Can anyone share the advantages to this and how it is done (legal)?  We run a 1/4 mile slight bank track with the red plate and no gear rule.  Thanks, first year and learning (hopefully) ;D

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: cutting gaskets and spacer with restrictor plate?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 12:38:40 pm »
I believe they are matching the gaskets to the spacer. The advantage of this is to insure that the gaskets do not restrict any air flow.
Also, be sure the gaskets and plates are in the proper order when installed. Here is a link: http://www.bandostuff.com/files/PDF-Restrictor_Plate_07-12-09.pdf
Hope that helps.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
In some rules that I read it stated , gaskets, cut or uncut.  I wasn't sure if they meant you could cut out the part between the 2 opnings,,,

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »
Been awhile since I have read the rules for Bando Cars. I believe this gasket cutting to be more of a clean up (blueprinting) kind of thing.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline mch46

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 11:05:09 pm »
I wont get into all of the "why", but I'll just say these absolute facts:  My flowbench AND my dyno AND my stopwatch say cutting the gaskets and spacer is faster.  PERIOD!

If you have any doubts or questions about how to cut them, the easiest and safest thing to do is just order a cut spacer and two cut gaskets from USLC.  An uncut gasket MUST be run on the bottom of the spacer, between the intake and spacer.  Mike

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:16:33 am »
That is a pretty convincing and emphatic yes to the cutting.  I am looking into getting a cut set as a model, thanks !!  I will post if we get a difference on track.  I am going to go home after work and look through our old stuff that came with car to see if there are any differences on the gaskets we have laying around also.  Thanks again!! ;D

anything