Author Topic: need some help getting started  (Read 7297 times)

Offline rmh racing

need some help getting started
« on: September 09, 2015, 08:38:25 am »
we are new to legends, but not new to racing . we are looking to rent a track to turn some laps or someone to help us get started in these cars. we are in south jersey, i know we will have to travel far , but that's ok, we are set up to travel, as we do that to race sprint cars  now. i  just bought 2 legends and having a hard time to finding a track to rent to run laps  .  looking to run asphalt in the northeast or southeast. thanks for your help ,Rick

Offline blazedog5

Re: need some help getting started
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:46:45 pm »
The New London Waterford Speedbowl in CT has open practice on Wed nights.  I believe that it is $40 for a car to run, maybe $50.  They limit the number of cars there to 40 per night.  I have been told that some nights they have only 10 cars.  You can run (by class) from 3pm to dusk.  This is off the top of my head but should be close to accurate.  Call the track to be sure, I also think you have to register ahead of time.  Good luck with the Legend, we are in our first year with a Bando, it's been fun.

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: need some help getting started
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 02:16:30 am »
I would look into finding the track you intend to race at and contact them in reference your testing intentions. I rented Concord for my first test which is a tight 1/4 mile. I ended up racing @ Anderson when they announced the Nationals will be there. I could have rented Daytona and got the same result, two different tracks. We don't even race in the same gear, 3rd for Concord and 4th for Anderson.

Start out where ever you intend to race the most.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

anything