BANDOLEROS > Setup & Handling

Bando set ups for newbies

(1/4) > >>

blazedog5:
Just wondering if there is a source of  set up sheets or info out there.  I have read older posts and it seems that they didn't exist.  Maybe that has changed? Not much current conversation going on, feels like we are late to the party! 

mch46:
There is info, its just not readily available on the internet, i.e. "aint nobody talking about there set up on the web"!  Once you find the "sweet spot" on set-up, you probably won't either.  lol.  Having said all that, give us some info about where you race, open or restricted, size track, etc.  You'll likely get some feedback, but it'll be through a private message, and not on the open forum.  Mike Hudson

justfreaky:
As Mike suggests; We need some information from you.
I will share whatever information I have with you.

Steve

gearhead:
Hi, I am also new to bandolero racing. We run on a small 1/4 mile size track on the west coast. Not a lot of banking. We are looking for any set up help. Thank you!

blazedog5:
We are going to run mostly 2 tracks, Bethel Motor Speedway which is a slight banked 1/4 mile asphalt , they will start us as "beginner Bandos" which means we will run with the red restrictor plate.  Once he gets his wheels under him he moves up to the other division which doesn't run the plate.  Much better racing as they really need to use brakes and set up the turns.  The other track is  3/8 mile asphalt, less banking.  (Waterford CT) They all run the restrictor plates and it is a flat foot it around kinda track.  They run springs on the brakes to avoid them rubbing at all.  Supposedly it is like a big Nascar track in that they draft.  Any help is welcome,  as my mechanical knowledge is nill.  :-\  Part of the reason for doing this is that I want my son , who loves cars to get some experience that I never got with tools etc. I don't even do my own oil.  We are on a steep learning curve !!!  Thanks again,

Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version