Author Topic: Bando set ups for newbies  (Read 28078 times)

Offline blazedog5

Bando set ups for newbies
« on: March 31, 2015, 03:37:12 pm »
Just wondering if there is a source of  set up sheets or info out there.  I have read older posts and it seems that they didn't exist.  Maybe that has changed? Not much current conversation going on, feels like we are late to the party! 

Offline mch46

Re: Bando set ups for newbies
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:16:42 pm »
There is info, its just not readily available on the internet, i.e. "aint nobody talking about there set up on the web"!  Once you find the "sweet spot" on set-up, you probably won't either.  lol.  Having said all that, give us some info about where you race, open or restricted, size track, etc.  You'll likely get some feedback, but it'll be through a private message, and not on the open forum.  Mike Hudson

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:49:14 am »
As Mike suggests; We need some information from you.
I will share whatever information I have with you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline gearhead

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 01:04:12 pm »
Hi, I am also new to bandolero racing. We run on a small 1/4 mile size track on the west coast. Not a lot of banking. We are looking for any set up help. Thank you!

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 09:55:24 am »
We are going to run mostly 2 tracks, Bethel Motor Speedway which is a slight banked 1/4 mile asphalt , they will start us as "beginner Bandos" which means we will run with the red restrictor plate.  Once he gets his wheels under him he moves up to the other division which doesn't run the plate.  Much better racing as they really need to use brakes and set up the turns.  The other track is  3/8 mile asphalt, less banking.  (Waterford CT) They all run the restrictor plates and it is a flat foot it around kinda track.  They run springs on the brakes to avoid them rubbing at all.  Supposedly it is like a big Nascar track in that they draft.  Any help is welcome,  as my mechanical knowledge is nill.  :-\  Part of the reason for doing this is that I want my son , who loves cars to get some experience that I never got with tools etc. I don't even do my own oil.  We are on a steep learning curve !!!  Thanks again,

Ken

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:44:43 pm »
Talk to Tracy Chirico at Bethel Speedway. She is a member here and her son is running Bando cars this year there. Perhaps she can give you a good starting point or hook you up with someone that can.

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:23:39 pm »
We ran our first night at Bethel.  Our car was actually pretty good.  My son did a great job driving for his first try.  Involved in a wreck taking lead.  I don't think it was anyones fault, he was inside , I think the other car came down just to finish the turn, not realizing he was almost door to door.  They let him restart on pole so I guess the track agreed.   We are just planning on one change a week to get a feel for it.  The people there are very nice and helpful.  Eugene Drew has been great also.  I was just looking for ideas from others outside of the area who might be willing to help out.  BTW , Tracy's son Bryan took a wicked series of flips in turn 4 after getting nudged sideways.  He is fine thank God, but evidently the car is gone , only saved the motor.  Very scary for all.  My wife gave me a look that I won't forget as this happened the first night our youngest was going to race.  Well built cars, very safe.  Thanks for the replies, wish others were as active......

Offline mch46

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 08:48:38 pm »
At Waterford, find Joey "Walnuts" and talk to his Dad.  He has all my numbers for that track.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 11:34:02 pm »
I am glad that things went fairly well for your son. Sorry to hear about Bryan. Not on facebook as much as I should be.
I am willing to help where I can I am not a Bando person but have done a lot of research and have a few things in my files I would share with you.
Best of Luck this season! Keep us updated on how things are going.

Steve

Offline New2bando

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 03:40:37 pm »
We are new to Bandolero racing and mainly race in Virginia.  We race a 3/8 mile track and a 1/3 mile semi-banked track, we are looking for setup help/suggestion. Gearing, tire pressures, do any of you change your jets? We almost get there but can't seem to get it just right..... Thanks for the help

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 08:53:42 pm »
Read through old posts and get back to me if you have more questions. Sorry I have been so slow to respond. Sometimes life gets in my way.

Steve

Offline weepin22

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 02:03:53 pm »
Good afternoon, I am new to the forum and really new to bando racing but looking for help with setups(I have looked through the forum) in the va area. we are planning on running at DR this coming up year and some at Shenandoah. My son is new to racing anything. Lol. We are just looking for a start in the right direction like: 1) are the 2 heims on the front wheels used to adjust camber? 2) the rods hooked to the steering used to adjust toe in and out? 3) what is a good crossweight to use on a 4/10 th mile track with 12 degree banking? stuff like that. I know everything is supposed to be top secrert but a base starting point would be helpful as this is for fun right now. LOL . Trying to show my son how to have a good time with the family and not on the streets causing trouble.

Thanks Again Willie

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 04:17:37 pm »
Willie,
 Have you checked out Eds' site?
http://www.legendsstuff.com/UsefulLinks.html
Perhaps that will give you some ideas.

Steve

Offline weepin22

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 04:56:43 pm »
yes steve I bought the book from him. thanks. I was just looking for a little bit of the area 51 info. lol

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 10:03:33 pm »
Send Ed an email. I am sure he could help get you what info you need.
I don't have much information, as I am not a Bando guy. Just some odds and ends I have collected here over the years.

Steve