Author Topic: Oil Level Sealed 1250cc  (Read 16851 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Oil Level Sealed 1250cc
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:07:55 pm »
I have heard some different opinions of where the oil level should be. I did my first oil change on my car for my first race in coming up the end of the month.  No sure what the exact capacity for my cooler set up, so I started with 3 qts. I spun the motor over for 2-3 seconds, stop and did so I again. Hoping this would prime the oil lines. Then I started and let it run for 3-5 minutes. I would have let in run longer but didn’t want to let it run too long when I knew it was low on oil.

Sight Glass
Cold I was 1/2 full, hot the oil was not visible.

I added 1/4 qt, and let it sit to get cold and I will repeat in the morning.

If I remember correctly the goal should be. 3/4 full cold and 1/4 visible hot in the sight glass.

Haven’t been able to get ahold of the US Legend engine shop as of  late to get a recommendation. 

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline chadvarner85

Re: Oil Level Sealed 1250cc
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 07:09:46 am »
"Hoping" you got the lines primed is not a good idea.... you need to take the lines off and let oil pump out to make sure its bleed.... depending on your oil system that could vary on which line to pull loose.. after that i even pull the rear valve cover bolt out and let the oil pump out of that..... a little extra work but it will save you about 5K

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:52:00 am »
I agree that priming / bleeding is important. I will say that we generally only bleed / prime the lines if the system has been disassembled, engine removed, cooler change etc. We do not bleed the lines after a oil change.  The oil level cold (lets say 65 degrees), should be atleast half way up the glass. Our cars hold just over 4 quatrs including coolers and remote filter. This is one reason I favor the remote filter type system, the system takes more oil.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 10:00:09 am »
I run it 1/4 up the sight glass while the engine is running
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 10:52:44 am »
The recommendation that was given to me was 1/4  way up the sight glass when warmed up and running. Been running for a season like that so far and no issues.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 06:07:18 am »
Thanks guys. I have my oil level at 1/4 right now.

It took 3.75 Qt.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

anything