Author Topic: altering bando brake pedal  (Read 20410 times)

Offline blazedog5

altering bando brake pedal
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »
We are new to Bandos, the prior driver of our car was shorter.  Sooo we need to get more leg room.  Can we cut down the horizontal portion of the brake/ gas pedal?  Not the actual foot piece.  I think the one in our car is a longer version.  unfortunately the 600 parts catalog doesn't show images of the 2 pedal options.  Thoughts.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: altering bando brake pedal
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:55:09 pm »
The USLC online catalog has not been updated in years.
Northeast Legends has everything on their website, but no pictures of the brake pedals either.
There is nothing in the INEX rule book about altering the brake pedal, which depending on who you are, would make it illegal. Best bet is to email Scott Reinharst at INEX and ask. Then you have his written response if somebody tries to tell you it's not legal
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:26:32 pm »
Thanks, I did just that.  Actually got a nice quick reply.  Turns out that we had an "extended" set of pedals in the car.  Got a hold of a normal set, much better.  Still need an inch or 2 to be dead right on for my son.  But getting closer !! 

Online justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:36 pm »
Here is one thread on the subject od moving, and/or , adjusting the pedals. http://www.legendsracer.com/index.php?topic=3890.0
There are a few others in the old threads dealing with the issue. Read through the old threads or do a quick search.
Hope that helps some.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.