Author Topic: Anyone on here run Concord?  (Read 7034 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Anyone on here run Concord?
« on: January 09, 2015, 05:31:20 am »
People on here have been very helpful to me over the last several years. I will be running Concord in the Spring in the Semi Pro division. The 1/4 Mile, and not the one inside Charlotte Motor Speedway, the other one next to the Half Mile . Seems many get the two cofused since Charlotte Motor Speedway is actually in Concord. I was  wondering if someone here ran Concord Week to Week and may be able to provide a little track specific advice from time to time.

I plan to do a test in the next few weeks just to get a little seat time. I don't expect to set the world on fire but I would like to know what a competive lap time is for Concord?

Thanks in advance.

Anyone who has made some laps in a legend out there feel free to chime in.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline NCSU_racer

Re: Anyone on here run Concord?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:34:43 am »
I made a trip down there late in the season last year from Raleigh. Idk what lap times where but you should be hitting the chip going into 3. Drive it in hard....it'll stick.
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline JLowe18

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 09:52:38 am »
I run Concord quite a bit and a competitive lap time for the Semi-Pro's will be in the low 14's.  If you want to save some money they typically have an open practice session around the first of March.

Offline NCSU_racer

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 10:41:57 am »
Jeremy you need to get your butt up to Wake Co!
Zack B.
Raleigh, NC

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:07:03 pm »
I ran concord for the spooktacular in November, and qualifying times were in the high 13s. The most important thing to note about the track is that both ends are shaped differently. Turn 1 and 2 you will apex a bit later to get a good drive off the turn. 3 and 4 you will start turning in just past the halfway point on the straight away and attack the bottom going into the turn. Let the car drift up a bit mid turn, and get back to the bottom off. You can drive really hard into turn 3 as long as you have the wheels straight while braking.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:28 pm »
Thanks guys, all great information.

I really don't know why but I really want my first few laps to be alone on an empty track. I have raced before although long ago and I have always have had good speed. I guess I'm more mature now and a little apprehensive of damaging other equipment with rookie stupidity.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 07:14:36 pm »
Do whatever practice time you can get. It will give you confidence and experience.
Quit stressing! The most of the folks there will want to help you as well. The don't want to wreck their equipment or see you wreck yours.
;)

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything