Author Topic: Rotors/Drums  (Read 5832 times)

Offline DMAMotorsports

• DMA Motorsports
Rotors/Drums
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:15:40 am »
I just bought the Willwood Caliper setup for my Legend and I was looking over the rotors during my tear down and was wondering is there any benefit to the aftermarket version of these stock monsters? My plan was to take everything off as a unit and update / replace with new and keep the stock stuff I have as a spare. If swapping out the rotors is something I shouldn't worry about then my next question is what part number can I use to get a second set on hand or what vehicle can I used as a reference for getting a set? Last part of my question is what can I do to the rear brake area as far as a maintenance on my current drums and hardware or even a replacement to have on hand? I have the car tore down to bare frame so everything is easy access. Any help is appreciated!

Anthony K.
DMA Motorsports

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Rotors/Drums
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:53:02 am »
My opinion...
If you are running dirt, I would just have the rotors cut and use the ones you have.

Asphalt, I would go with the Brake Man rotors http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3005835.

As far as rears, just check everything over. 7 years of racing on the dirt, and the only thing I have had to replace is leaking wheel cylinders and broken hard lines. Have never had a hardware issue. I believe you can get a rear hardware kit from USLC, would probably be cheaper than buying the individual pieces from a parts store.

I don't stock anything like that because there has never been a demand
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline DMAMotorsports

• DMA Motorsports
Re: Rotors/Drums
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:25:00 pm »
OK Thanks!
Anthony K.