Author Topic: Purchasing new chassis  (Read 7396 times)

Offline GriffinBrownRacing

Purchasing new chassis
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:14:58 pm »
We are planning on purchasing a new chassis over the winter,for a fresh start next year!!
The question is do i clip the new chassis or not?
Some people say to clip the brand new chassis others say dont need to!!!
Thanks in advance for any info!!

Scott

Offline Richie25x

Re: Purchasing new chassis
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:07:39 pm »

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 09:56:12 am »
J. Dietz raced in your series on a stock factory chassis, I built the car with that chassis and set it up.  We use one of the N.C. guys to reclip and jig our chassis when needed. If you call Ford they will tell you they build a better car than GMC. Burger King will tell you they have a better burger.  There are options when you order a chassis that can be added or deleted from the build, if you need help feel free to call me. If you insist on taking a new chassis to one of the N.C. Chassis guys, do yourself a favor and stick with a used chassis and have it rehabbed by Curt Andrews, do not waste the money on a new chassis and send it out. If you find a decent used or lightly wrecked chassis and send it to him you will save money and have just as nice of a piece.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline GriffinBrownRacing

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:04:26 am »
Dennis
So are u saying to just fix the Chassis I have??

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:38 am »
Yes, if it is done by the right people it will be as good if not better than a new chassis. Keep in mind the new chassis are heavier  also. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline Legends16

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »
Interesting post. Dennis, can you elaborate on that? When did frames become heavier? Why are they heavier, because of the updates?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »
2 bar chassis to 4 bar chassis; Added supports in the front, etc... Yes; They do add weight. Perhaps not a lot; but added weight is added weight.
My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline knoxracing

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 08:09:55 am »
The NEWER (last 2 years approx.), the chassis have added gussets and some plating, especially around the doors and some other areas. These are not Inex required, YES they are there for safety BUT. There are other small trick areas that can be lightened. The OLDER 34 coupes also have a couple tubes that are smaller such as the mirror bar. I agree that most areas that are lightened could be a safety compromise. Never the less you would be surprised at the weight difference of a new chassis VS an older one with a little fat trimmed off, coupe or sedan.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212