Author Topic: Another Trailer Size Question  (Read 7384 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Another Trailer Size Question
« on: August 09, 2014, 03:39:30 am »
If your using a 6x12 enclosed like I see some are. How do you get out of the car? Or is everyone using a winch with these? 

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline ZForceRacing01

Re: Another Trailer Size Question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 03:44:29 am »
One more thing. What is the opinion of single axel trailers, open or enclosed?
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47:35 am »
It only  takes 2 people to push a Legends car into a trailer, so no need to drive it in.
In my opinion, single axle is pushing it with an enclosed trailer, since they will have 3750# or less axles.
Benefit of a single axle (in Wisconsin at least) is that it doesn't have to be registered.
I was a little worried about being able to pull my 16x7 enclosed with my tired 4.8L Tahoe, but it doesn't have a problem
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 05:48:08 pm »
I'm on my four or fifth trailer now. I have had a 6X12 and it fit but it was to small. Then I got a 16' open trailer with a full steel deck and built a 4X4 box on the front with a tire rack (great for dirt). Then I got a 7X16 and it worked but didn't really like that it was that narrow.  The trailer I have now is perfect for one car (in my opinion). It is a 8.5 X 20. If you are going to get another car than you will need at least a 24'. I would love to have a toterhome and a stacker but just not in the budget.....LOL
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 06:39:52 pm »
I'm on my four or fifth trailer now. I have had a 6X12 and it fit but it was to small. Then I got a 16' open trailer with a full steel deck and built a 4X4 box on the front with a tire rack (great for dirt). Then I got a 7X16 and it worked but didn't really like that it was that narrow.  The trailer I have now is perfect for one car (in my opinion). It is a 8.5 X 20. If you are going to get another car than you will need at least a 24'. I would love to have a toterhome and a stacker but just not in the budget.....LOL
I couldn't agree more of the 20' being the perfect size.  We had one when I started racing legends and you can fit the car comfortably as well as tires and whatever tools you bring.  I've seen people go smaller but its tight.

Dan

Offline thunder938

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 09:20:38 am »
I ran a 6x 12 and used a cordless ATV winch.  I even made wall mounts for a set of spare tires.  No problems..just think of where to put things

Dave

Offline racintaz99

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »
I have had a 8.5 X 20 enclosed trailer for 3 years now. It has  the amount of room that I need for extra tires and other spare parts instead of packing the back of the truck full. At the end of the night when I get home,I can just drop the trailer and not have to worry about unloading the truck of all the spare parts. I am sure everybody has their own opinions......this just happens to be mine.