LEGENDS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Broken axle

<< < (2/4) > >>

speedyracing11:
I tryed The methed and had a whole day of  bitching at the axil,Becouse it gets wedged in hard..You take the good one out and undo the nuts up front.Pull on the gears,stick a long thin screwdriver behind the axle.Pop it out it sounds easy and is compared to fighting trying to pull it out.1 hour compared to 1/2 day.Good luck.

JGRacing:
I used something similar to what Scott mentioned.  I took a 3 foot piece of 1 3/4 inch tubing and cut the end at a littl bit of an angle.  On the point of this cut I sawed about 1/2 inch into the point.  The two points on here were hammered up into the tube making something that looks like small fangs.  I just slid this in over the sleeve on the two piece axle and used the fangs to hook the sleeve.  Depending on how stuck it is, this might not work, but it saved me from having to pull the  pumkin last night.  Thanks for everyone's advice.

John

speedyracing11:
Yes i am glad you got it out.What about the small broken chunks,and fragments of metal still in there.I still would pull it apart.

JGRacing:
That's probably a good idea before the season starts. 

justfreaky:
I'm with Speedy on this one.
Anytime something goes south in the rear end, pull it apart. Clean everything good. Then reassemble.
Granted, I hate gear oil. Nasty Stuff!  But, cheap enough; and better safe than sorry!

My .02 for what you think it's worth.

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version